ProBooks.eu has a very simple fee structure
Our margin is based on the full retail price (excluding sales-tax)
Many serviceproviders don’t sell the books themselves, but through other platforms. Those platforms pay between 30 to 50% of the retail-price (exclusive sales tax) to the serviceprovider. After deducting the serviceproviders margin the author is left with a very small percentage of the original retail-price (example: 60% of 60% is only 36% for the author).
ProBooks is different
ProBooks.eu is totally independent, from all reader platforms, and sells your ebook directly to the consumer (the reader) for the full retail-price. Because we sell direct to the consumer you, as the publisher, receive a bigger portion of the retails price. That means you can afford giving your ebooks a more realistic (lower) retail-price and still earn more per sold ebook. That’s a win-win situation for the publisher, the reader, and in the end for ProBooks.
ProBooks.eu deducts the following costs on the full retail-price:
- Fixed commission per ebook: 0,-
- Percentage on the retail-price excl. sales-tax: standard 30% (including all costs)
Those costs include:
- Social DRM, name and email address of the buyer and invisible markings
- Financial handling; iDeal, debit-card, creditcard, PayPal etc.
- Sales-tax administration (payment) in country of the buyer (including MOSS rules)
- Use of the website
- link to personal page probooks.eu/vendor/yourvendorname
- Margin ProBooks.eu
Example eBook distribution calculation **
- 12,95 retail-price incl. sales-tax
- 10,70 retail-price (excl. sales-tax) in most EU countries
- 0,- fixed
- 2,67 percentage
- 8,03 payed to author
- You as the publisher can set your own prices for all eBooks.
- Because of costs for handling, payment providers, watermarking service and a minimum margin there is a minimum price for an eBook
- The minimum book price is: € 7,50 (excluding sales-tax).
We do have a price-plan for companies or individuals who prefer to distribute their eBook for free, and wish to keep an certain amount of control.
- Social DRM
- Coupon system
- Free eBook distribution
- Social DRM
- Costs around € 2,- to – € 3,- per eBook
- Setup costs for distributing a free eBook
Press version eBook
- This is done manually
- Please provide a list in spreadsheet format with the following fields:
– name (journalist / reviewer)
– email address
– download link ePub file (leave this field empty)
– download link Mobi file (leave this field empty)
- Title of eBook
- Do you want a link for an ePub file, a Mobi file or both?
- Number of days the download links remain valid
- Number of downloads allowed
- ProBooks returns the list with the download links, ready for you to send a mailing
- Costs handling € 60,- startup + € 3,- per eBook
- Please book this service in advance
Costs of creating a coupon code:
- The fee of the service of creating a coupon is calculated on a hourly rate.
- Indication: 30 minute. Based on a hourly rate of € 70,- that means € 35,- **
All examples are the costs for distribution of the eBook. Some accounts, like free distribution of with complicated coupons, have setup costs.
** Calculations are examples. Affiliate costs are an estimate. All prices in Euros.